Step 1: Plan Your REALTOR® Safety Strategy
Use the information and materials from this site to develop a strategy for your association or office, or incorporate them into your current programs.
The training (see presentation section) is designed so that you can present all the information in a single session, or divide it into the following segments:
Safety at the office
Safety with clients
Safety at home
- A three-hour training session* — Plan an organization-wide training session. Use all or a combination of the presentation materials located on the presentation page.
- Three one-hour-long trainings* — Schedule three quarterly, shorter training sessions on different days, and cover each part separately. The presentation is broken out by section for you to easily present one topic at a time.
- Independent study — All materials, including the video, can be accessed on these pages and used by individual REALTORS® throughout the year.
Step 2: Prepare the Presentation
Once you've decided which time frame you'll use for presentations, take these steps to get ready:
- Go to the presentation page to find all the materials you need for a comprehensive REALTOR® Safety training course.
- Select the training schedule that works best for your association or office, and adjust it to the amount of time you have allotted for the presentation.
- Choose the format for your training. You can incorporate the video with or without interactive quizzes, and/or the PowerPoint presentation.
- Use the REALTOR® Safety Presentation Guidelines to prepare for each presentation.
- Consider getting copies of the REALTOR® Safety Tips Card, or safety-specific publications from NAR. Visit www.REALTOR.org/Store to purchase.
Use the wealth of promotional materials to encourage ongoing awareness of REALTOR® Safety.
Tools You Can Use Today
- Put the office safety tools to work in your office, including customizable forms and a ready-to-use Action Plan Worksheet.
- Hand out copies of the handy wallet tip card. Purchase at www.REALTOR.org/Storeor call 1-800-874-6500 (Select option 1).
- A variety of safety-related products, including a button key-light and mini LED flashlight are available for purchase and customization through the REALTOR Team Store®. Visit www.RealtorTeamStore.com to order.
- Customize and distribute the 12 safety articles every month by email or print, or post them on your website for year-round access.
- Share weekly safety tips with members using the 52 tips, scheduled with suggested distribution dates, making it easy to email or print one tip every week.
- Customize REALTOR® Safety Initiative artwork and use it for your publications, mailings, meeting materials and website.
Safety WebinarsNAR is scheduling new webinars on REALTOR® Safety throughout the year, presented by safety experts.
To learn more about the program, click here.